Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Let's Eat S'mores

Just a couple of the girls and me..... skipping down the lane. Turning round the corner onto the
Road of Life. Big smiles we wear as we venture out into the great adventure called: The Big Unknown. I used to fear this creature. Now I  embrace it. Wrap my arms around it. Tickle it.
Whisper sweet nothings in it's ear.  We all wear our Girl Scout Patches of Life proudly. Others Camp fire Girls. Some just navigated The River Wild on their own. This is what made us..... who we are.

It is what reunites us in adulthood. It has called us back together.... like long lost campers on a great overnighter. Bring on the wieny roast and the s'mores.  I've got the crackly fire started. Who wants to jump into the Lake with me?  We can warm ourselves by the fire.  We have so many tales to tell.
It's been so long since we have seen each other. I'll grab our mugs of hot cocoa.
I've never seen you smile so big! I'm happy too. I'm with all my friends again. It does seem like a life time ago. I never thought this day would come either. We did keep it in our hearts.... you're right!
To all my friends who have gathered around this toasty fire tonight..... and the ones who have gone before us.... I celebrate each and everyone of you. My heart is overflowing with love. This opportunity we have.... to tell each other what we mean to each other. I love you and can't wait to navigate many more Unknowns with you. I've got your back. I know you've got mine. Now let's eat s'mores.

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    I love s'mores. And I so love mature, and camp fires and sleeping outside under the start. Skinny dipping is SO much fun!! Annie says "hi" and that she loves you.

    Love Gail
    peace.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I commented and it sad it was published but I dont see it,. hmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. .and there it is, my goodness. Perhaps I should try a tad more patience, ey? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, you are simply the cutest.... hands down! Hi to Annie.... I love her too. I know skinny dippin rocks, just need to be brave and do it!! xo

    ReplyDelete