Saturday, May 15, 2010

I Want To Hold Your Hand

It was everything I wanted. The stars were twinkling, the wind was blowing, and I was sitting next to
Raym. I had waited five months for this concert, as James Taylor and Carole King harmonized so beautifully. All the elements  brought together should have been magic, as  tears streamed down my face.
Raym squeezed my hand tighter, as the woman sitting behind us  was rocking her own world.
It seemed as though so many years of feelings had erupted, come out~ just as James and Carole had.
Memories from way back just popped out, I think for many ...... our lives.

These two, James Taylor and Carole King had not reunited in forty years. I was eight years old when they performed together for the first time. The energy between the two was indescribable. Magic.
Hence the tears. The joy, laughter, love. Such mixed emotions as I kept sneaking glances at this  boy I
had fallen so deeply in love with twenty eight years ago. Now I was staring into the eyes of the man
I  have seen such joy, sheer ecstasy, laughter, agony, distance,  sadness, and now pure connected love.

As Carole sang,"Beautiful".... I felt  such peaceful joy. James belting out,"Shower the people, " something was  happening that neither of us could explain. It was time for intermission. We got up to stretch, and realized we didn't want to go back to our seats. We sat on a bench under the stars, looking
up at the silhouetted  trees dancing.We just sat, holding hands for the longest time in silence.
We both knew it was one of those moments we would never forget. We stayed for one last song,
as Carole King came on, singing.....  it seemed as though  just for us~"Tonight you're mine completely, you give your love so sweetly, so tell me now so I won't ask again..... Will you still love me tomorrow?"

We walked hand in hand back to our car. It was the best walk  we've ever taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment