Friday, December 4, 2009

Love

As I sit at this desk in the family room and write, I look over at my husband. Sleepy on the couch after a
long day. Sometimes I watch him and can't believe we have been married so long. My heart still gets
giddy when he is near. In a few days we will celebrate 26 years of marriage. How could it feel like yesterday
that I just married him. Even with everything we have been through. My love for him has only deepened.



No one makes me laugh like him. Or makes me feel safer. When we drive home from somewhere with
two cars, him following right behind me. He is always there, waiting for me-making sure I am safe. I love that.


Seeing the boyish twinkle in his eyes when we are nearing the sound of a train. The chase begins.
Only through maturity as I grew , could I possibly understand the romance and delight in his heart, as that mighty engine
roars and sings and draws him in to the dance.


Patience that I did not possess in the earlier years. Seeing my love with his friends and the joy in their eyes.
The spark in their hearts. Brought together by a large piece of steel, that magical locomotive. Men from all walks of life. Brought together to feel alive, passionate, carefree. All for reasons of their own.
This man I love so much, this kind, patient, funny , loving, family man. Incredible father to our two children.

.


These kids are so amazing, mostly from their father. Not having any example of a family
to build on from his own, he has dug in so deep to become all he is today.

A goodhearted, caring, thoughtful, patient man. His family has and will always come first. His example to overcome the odds
of poverty and fear that split his family apart. Alcoholism that ultimately destroyed it. Leading a father to abandon his children. A mother to disappear into her own world of pain and despair. Who was to care for the children?

I love this man. More than that, I respect his choices. It has been a long, difficult road. I have watched his struggles. I have witnessed his triumphs. He is my hero. He is my partner. He is my love.

i have had the privilege of traveling this road with him. All the bumps, from the get- go. That's what makes it so special. We started out together without anything. Which in turn makes us appreciate EVERYTHING.


I LOVE him. I would do it again. In a hear beat- even AND especially with everything I know.

4 comments:

  1. this is the best...but u forgot to mention football on sundays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maffew, you are so right. That is the biggest one. I love him even though i DON'T love football, i love to see my boys so happy watching the Games. Ooooooh, Maffew, THAT is love! I love my Maffew

    ReplyDelete
  3. This So WONDERFUL!!! You and Rays relationship is the only example I have of something happy and strong. There is so much love and I only hope that I can have this in my life.. stability.. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey, thank you for that incredible compliment. You absolutely will. It is because you are so aware. We love you so much, and it has been so incredible having you a part of our family. We are a family Nic. All of us. Mama

    ReplyDelete