Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mirror, Mirror

Reflective pools of light. They can bring hauntingly beautiful illuminations for some, and for others simply be haunting.

The mirror we see in another person's face as we are going through our day.
Joyful laughter that in the next instant can bring burning rage.
That mirror does not, could not possibly reflect back to me, that raging lunatic on the freeway.
Screaming to himself, hand gestures, pure venom oozing from his pores.

That's not me. I am smiling and happy and have it all figured out. Can't you see, look damn it.
My mouth is getting tight and twisted do I have to tell you or show you one more time.

I will not reveal the angst and terror I really feel. Quick, get the mirror, get the ick off of me .
Bounce that reflection off to the nearest and dearest SUCKA who will take it. They won't even see this baby coming.

I'll put my happy face on, even BIGGER, but I feel so small that I want to curl up in a ball.
What I really want to do is suck my thumb. The thing is, what is so wrong with those feelings?
Everyone is scared. It is human. What isn't okay is the projection. The bigger-than-life mirror used to take the spotlight off of the original owner. On to the next unassuming victim.

What about reflections of love? Beautiful bouncing light that fills a room with energy, warmth, calm. This is the less likely of the two. Definitely takes more work.
How amazing it feels to be bathed in the light of love. Knowing that this, too, is a side of us. The very best in us.

This side also just happens to feel a lot better. I know I WISH that beautiful, illuminating peace were mine more often.
I sure don't like seeing that frothing, raging, half "ani-human" glaring back at me.

Whoa, what do i need to pay attention to today?
That mirror's going to reflect no matter where I go, what I do, whether I like it or not..
Why not ride the wave? That rip tide is a real bitch.
Me hanging ten out there isn't all that pretty, hmmmmmm... maybe I need a new mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment